Posted on May 14, 2023 • 2 minutes • 336 words
Fixes and improvements of v1.2.1
Thanks to all the feedback from the users, this is a new release that includes multiple fixes to issues detected in the 1.2.0 release:
- Added missing SSH support for submodules.
- Enabled support by default for all supported formats by libssh (such as RSA).
- Fixed crash on clicking “show password” button for SSH/GPG credentials.
- Fixed size of text field in SSH/GPG credentials dialog to match the rest of the UI.
- Added “show password” button to HttpAuthentication dialog.
- Fixed scroll state behavior for commited changes:
- Scrolls position (both for files and message) was not being reset when changing between commits.
- Scrolls position was not preserved when swapping between tabs.
- Fixed diff scroll position not resetting when selecting different files.
- Temporary files are now always removed when closing the app instead of relying on the OS to do it.
- Fixed KDE terminal not opening.
- Added missing reference to LibSSH in the section of used libraries projects to create Gitnuro.
- Flatpak, Homebrew and Windows builds updated to libssh 0.10.5.
MUST READ FOR LINUX (JAR) AND MAC (DMG) USERS
Both system require having LibSSH installed to use SSH authentication.
Debian/Ubuntu based distros:
sudo apt install libssh-4 or
sudo apt install libssh-dev.
pacman -S libssh
dnf install libssh-devel
zypper install libssh-devel
brew install libssh
This steps is not required for users that install Gitnuro using Flatpak (Linux) or Homebrew (MacOS), as both versions already include the library. Windows versions also include this library already built.
- Autorefresh when detecting changes in the Git directory is still disabled because there isn’t an easy fix. You can keep track of this issue in #42.
- Flatpak and Homebrew releases will be available in the next hours.
- Available as Flatpak here or by running
flatpak install --user com.jetpackduba.Gitnuroif you have Flatpak & Flathub already setup.
- JAR file can be executed as a portable version (Requires JRE 17).
- ZIP which contains the app bundle.
- Using hombrew:
brew install jetpackduba/apps/gitnuro